Friday 5 August 2011

The Invasion

There has been a lack of blogging as of late on my part, mainly because I have not had a lot to say (the official term for that is 'I could not be arsed'). However, a lot has happened, a lot of good stuff that must be documented!

Scotland welcomed the arrival of Ellyn's flatmates, who were up for a week towards the end of July. Obviously, due to the fact that Ellyn needed to prove that she actually had friends of her own in Scotland (her own words, not mine, by the way) but also because they are in general an awesome bunch of people, Devon and me tagged along on their 'excursions' and we had 'such fun' (as Miranda's mum would say in, erm, 'Miranda', which by the way, is an excellent programme!)

Firstly, Ellyn, Chris, Kayleigh, Neil, Devon, Jill and me went to Calderglen Country Park on the Sunday afternoon. It was a really pleasant, sunny day and I enjoyed catching up with Chris on the walk to the Glen. When we arrived, we sat and munched and sat in the sun and just generally caught up whilst the accusations of me being a lesbian were being thrown about like a fucking football. I would like to use this opportunity on my blog to state that I am indeed not and nor will I ever be a lesbian (I simply like men too much). A few hours later, we all got dressed into our gladrags and went round to Laura's for hers and Kayleigh's respective birthday celebrations! There was a bit of a hairy nightmare with Laura washing her hair and removing her extensions VERY last minute (it is quite funny, Laura transgressing from long hair to short hair in the pictures).

Long hair...


We then made our way to the train station and into Glasgow and into the Garage where we got free entry and 'The Lounge' for the night! It was quite awesome, even if there were no batteries for the wii remotes but I am not bitter (slightly but shh). We also discovered the cocktail bar where Jill inadvertedly invented the 'Auldhouse Mafia', a concoction made from banana bols, malibu and pineapple juice. Oooft, it sure was good! We also managed to get a decent group photo of most of us that night, good ol' Garage photographer!

Short hair...

On the Tuesday, Ellyn, Kayleigh, Chris, Neil, Devon and me caught the bus from East Kilbride to Ayr and we met Mark (who texted me saying he was 'hanging around a children's play park', of all places). We spent a really nice day, it was lovely and sunny (three days in a row is very odd) and we just chilled and buried Chris in the sand and went paddling. Mark bought me a rocket lolly which was very nom too. Unfortunately, just as we turned up to our bus stop to get the last one home, we discovered that we had in fact, missed the last bus. Now readers, you will be oh ever so proud of me. I calmly walked up to the desk, ask the man to confirm it and did I panic once? NO! (I could almost put a smiley face but that would go against my rules of no smileys on my blog). I was so proud of myself and you should be proud of me too! Anyway, we managed to get a train to Glasgow and then one to East Kilbride so it all worked out in the end and my overtired hyperness managed to provide much entertainment to Mark and Devon (even if I did look and sound like an escaped mental patient...)

Tee hee, they gave him mismatched boobies *sniggers!

The next day (Wednesday) was yet another early rise and Devon, Mark and me met at the train station with overnight stuff packed in tow too. We met Ellyn, Kayleigh, Chris, Neil and Leon in town and went for a Yo Sushi! (Which I was literally buzzing for) and out of all of Ellyn's flatmates, only Chris survived the sushi experience without decanting to McDonalds (Proud of you Chris!). We then made our way to the Science Centre by bus and because I was special the driver hauled me up in front of the whole bus to give me my special ticket (Under 20's Firstweek I'll have you know). Not even on the bus journey could I escape the lesbian accusations (which were prevalent at the beach too, *sniffles). The science centre was a lot of fun, even though there was a little Japanese kid who was honestly, the most annoying child Mark and me have ever witnessed in public (He ruined my spirograph drawing for christ sakes!). We had to catch the train so we all said goodbye to Ellyn's flatmates. It can be said quite accurately that Mark and me were not friends with the trains that day, as we got lost in Partick train station and we decided to go to Asda in Dunbarton and ended up waiting for a train for about forty five minutes (which in Converse, as we all know, is hellish). However, we did come up with a name for our flat but it is far too good to post on a blog and lose my intellectual property! We eventually made it back to Leon's and we spent the night chatting, laughing and squirming which was good fun, especially lighting Chinese lanterns at half eleven and playing the wii (I did and will always suck at tennis...).

So amused!

Unfortunately, that was the end of a very good week of amusement and prosperity (I had 18p in my pocket after Wednesday, 2p short of the price of tomato soup in my work, a true 'fuck my life' moment).

No comments:

Post a Comment