Thursday 24 February 2011

Bittersweet Symphony...

Hmm, not been in the best of moods today. A LOT is happening and I can't keep on top of it all. If the things weren't happening at the same time, I'd be feeling okay. Right now, university is not my favourite place to be and I'm still doubting whether I made the right decision but I really need to motivate myself and just get on with it (or 'MAN THE FUCK UP'). Either one of the two would be great...

Plus, my poor gender-confused, ball-less cat has been feeling a little under the weather and has been having vomiting fits all day, which made me cry because I don't know what to do for him (and I'm quite an emotional person, so don't judge me!)

So, I decided the best course of action would be to go for a nice, long walk in the sun (I was quite surprised when I woke up to this glorious weather!). I will describe my adventures in a 'heading then paragraph' approach because, yes, I am that good.

My old babysitters


It never really occurred to me that my both my old babysitters lived opposite one another. It got me thinking, is there babysitting wars on that street? I think yes! I also went past the house where my old playgroup was held and it doesn't exist anymore which upset me too. I also past the flat opposite which had a very creepy old man in it and now, looking back, there is a 75% possibility he was a paedophile.

My old primary school


The last time I saw my old primary school was when it was flattened and the ground was empty. Now, there are council houses on it, which made me really sad. It's quite funny how I can still remember the layout, even today, when I was standing there. Quite a few memories flooded back, like how I rolled down the hill in primary one and got a handful of grass in my mouth (which made me cry). When it used to rain a lot and a lake would develop at the bottom of the tarmac pitch. Inside the open area, where the 'House' was the most popular choice of activity as you could act and pretend to be in a different situation! My favourite was Katie Morag because even though I was only five, the pink high heels her posh granny wore fit me perfectly!

The Old Newsagents


I got quite a shock when I turned my back on the old school and stood there to find it just a shell. It's completely changed and I was actually more sad about this than the school. Even if it was run by grumpy Navid and his son was a convicted murderer...

My Old House and Dens


I walked up to Alder Crescent and passed the grate where I got the scar on my knee. I shook my fist at said grate and walked up to my old house, which really hasn't changed (I think that's a bad thing, although there is a trampoline in the garden but my swing was better!). I then walked down the big hill where I used to sit on my skateboard and go down it. And I passed the woods where I used to play in ALL THE TIME but now wouldn't go in there for fear of catching aids. I then went behind the garages where I once buried a dead bird, and past the house of the guy who owned two dogs who were honestly fucking terrifying. I walked past Allan's house and then walked down the path where I used to ride my bike. Past the bushes, where I used to pick leaves off and pretend it was money and then down to Lisa's old flat, with the gigantic hole that you could escape school from but I used to go back because I'm not a fearless bastard. I then went down the street and past the bush which I used to hide from a really horrible old woman who used to give me into trouble for the littlest things.

Then, I headed home! And I instantly felt better. Not only because exercise releases endorphines (Ooh, look at me going all biological) but also because I've seen how far I've come.

I also saw Mrs Aird, she still lives... She was awesome but!

No comments:

Post a Comment