Sunday 10 April 2011

'Ihsus'

Do you not think that the word 'Sushi' backwards looks slightly like Jesus? (I would like to point out that I typed the word 'Jesus' into Google and the second link said:


"The Original Jesus Dressup!


Dress up Jesus by dragging the items to him with your mouse."

I laughed). http://www.jesusdressup.com/

This was my attempt, I suppose I should say no offence intended but Jesus deserved a ginger afro...

But alas, I have strayed from my original point of this post! (Damn you Jesus!) I was going to make a comparison between Jesus and Sushi and how godly they both were. But my real point that I wish to make is sushi and why everyone, and I mean everyone, should take it upon themselves to try it (and love it).

1. It actually tastes good


In an age where everything is controlled by Food Standards and Health and Safety, it is nigh on impossible for Sushi to be bad for you. Although if you have an allergy to fish then stay the fuck away, idiot. And if you don't like the idea of eating raw fish (and it doesn't even taste that raw), then there is a vegetarian and hot food options (although this is only if you go to Yo Sushi!)

2. You get to press a button


Remember back through the ages to when you were four (or the other week when you were eighteen) and you were waiting at a zebra crossing. Remember the satisfaction you felt from pressing the button, before anyone else could. That is how pressing a button to attract the waiter's attention feels like. It's clearly the future of eating out!

3. Your meal is on a conveyor belt, DUH!


Self explanatory, if you don't think this is even remotely cool, then get to France.

4. It's hardly any calories


I looked on the website and each dish is about on average 150 Calories, which isn't actually too bad for a main meal.

5. It's cheap


I always manage to spend about a tenner and it is always a tenner well spent. Plus if you're a student, if you print off a voucher, you can get 25% off.

I doubt many people will understand my passion for Yo Sushi! but it is more the experience than anything, plus it makes me feel cultured which is hard to achieve when you live in a craphole (or a derelict, grey, miserable settlement for the more eloquent and poetic of you out there) such as East Kilbride. So eh aye, first blog in ages, no bad, no bad!

Moshi, Moshi!

Konichiwa!

No comments:

Post a Comment