Tuesday 26 April 2011

A million lies to sell yourself, that's all you ever had...

Right Now: Garbage - 'Stupid Girl'

For someone who has spent her day, sitting in a house (well, not just 'a' house, my own house) and the garden occasionally (Oh, I know, the excitement of my life is sometimes too much to bear, believe me), today has actually been quite eventful, in a good way.

I arose from my bed at one past the hour after a delightful text message from Devon of Greenhills (had a bizarre moment of eloquence there, shrugs*)

Anyway, at half two, the said Devon mentioned above came over and we chilled in the garden for a while, whilst mother dearest did her gardening around us and generally eavesdropping on our conversation (rather inadvertently admittedly, but still, there are some things your mum should just not know).

After moving to the living room, for some unknown reason, we got onto the subject of the website 'eHarmony' (not a dating site but a 'relationship' site, get it right guys). Anyway, something possessed me to complete the personality test so here are my results...

Agreeableness


I usually take care of others and I have a tender heart and I'm described as:

  • Understanding
  • Unquestioning
  • Humane
  • Selfless
  • Gentle
  • Kindhearted
  • Gullible
  • Indulgent

 Openness


I am sometimes curious and sometimes content, being described as:


  • Accepting
  • Flexible
  • Educated
  • Self-aware
  • Middle-of-the-road
  • Proper
  • Distinctive
  • Indecisive
  • Adaptable


Emotional Stability (Here we go...)


I am steady! And 'APPARENTLY' (Have I emphasised this enough?) I am described as:


  • Relaxed
  • Even
  • Unwavering
  • Constant
  • Certain
  • Together
  • Cool
  • Detached
  • Tranquil


Conscientiousness


Och, you get the programme now:


  • Casual
  • Informal
  • Compliant
  • Reliable
  • Organised
  • Solid
  • Dependable
  • Uncommitted
  • Genuine

So there you have it, 'me', in about one hundred words. Of course, seeing as I'm quite extroverted, I would be inclined to disagree with some of it (a lot of it, most of it...) but eHarmony knows best, right? (Rhetorical question, by the way, there is no need to answer it). At least it didn't say I am a hard-nosed bitch...

Anyway, spurred on by first foray into the world of online dating, for a LAUGH (and I mean it, I really don't think I'm at the stage of online dating yet), I decided to make a profile on www.plentyoffish.com.

It's actually quite hilarious, I've had the most weirdest, ugliest people message me and I'm now unsure as to what is proper etiquette...

1. Do I ignore the ones I don't like (which is all of them)?
OR
2. Do I message saying No thanks' (which is pretty awful)

I mean, one of them, a forty year old no less, gave me his phone number? WHO DOES THAT? (Apart from that guy obviously) but it is fine, I know I can't handle having a guy who has an ironing board chilling in his picture.

So yeah, I doubt I'll go on it again, unless I become a sad, desperate spinster who has twenty six cats and a budgie.









No comments:

Post a Comment