Friday 29 April 2011

In your face Oxford!

What self-righteous blogger such as myself could possibly not blog about the royal wedding?

Let's get one thing straight, I come from quite a patriotic family. The scottish part of me embraces bagpipes, ceilidhs and generally all things scottish. The english part of me likes the royal family and therefore, my mum and me like nothing better than to sit down and watch a royal wedding. It's history taking place in front of our eyes after all (although I do admit, I'd rather have played the drinking game and got, pardon my language, royally 'fucked' and then off to Kelvingrove but that was a fail and a half).

So, I committed myself to getting up at quarter to nine. For five hours, I was glued to the television, enjoying Phillip Schofield and getting excited for any glimpse of activity. I watched the whole service, gasped at the dress and generally was put in a very good mood. My mum even cried although she soon stopped after my sister told her to get a grip. All in all, it was quite magical. You'd have to be a pretty cynical person to not have at least smiled once today in relation to the wedding, even if it was at one of the hilarious Facebook groups to spring up.

Also, let's not forget how legendary Prince William actually is. When the happy couple came out in the Aston Martin, well it made my day to be honest, just excellent.

So yeah, I'll stop being sad and patriotic now but I can't help who I've been brought up to be!




Final Point: Beatrice's hat was utterly the most ridiculous creation I have ever witnessed. I am also quite glad they have been made Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, up yous Oxford!

No comments:

Post a Comment