Monday 25 April 2011

A study of Idiocy from the viewpoint of Amy...

The first idiot I would like to analyse deeply is myself. The reason?

For agreeing to do the bastard shift I am about to detail. Not only did I agree to add four more hours of torture to an already torturous four hour shift but also, it was Easter Sunday and I should have spent it with my family, I hate missing things like that (which is a regular occurrence nowadays).

The second bunch of idiots I would like to analyse is the 'neddy' - looking family who decided to crowd round my roller and discuss sardines for about ten minutes, deciding whether they would be suitable for dog consumption. I can honestly say two things:

1. I have never despaired of humanity that much in my whole life
2. I have never been close to saying 'Fuck Off' to a customer but man, I was close.

The third idiot I would like to analyse is the woman who at ten minutes to closing, who was so concerned about laying her hands on a 750g box of Bran Flakes, I felt needlessly compelled to go and bring her some, whilst she wondered off. Seriously, ten minutes to closing and you're asking me to do something so pointless? Please, get a life (even though I am being hypocritical and ranting about work, I also need a life but that's not the point, so 'Shhhh'!).

The final and fourth idiot deserves a 'Special' Award because he was exactly that, Special. I don't know what compels someone to walk into a Sainsbury's store and ask one of the colleagues what time Morrisons shuts at but maybe the 'oh look, my soul has finally died' look on my face said it all when I answered that I didn't know and walked away (something tells me that was not the mystery customer).

Don't you just love the general public so much?


No comments:

Post a Comment