Tuesday 27 September 2011

Back to 'yooni'...

I like the word 'Yooni' currently. Fraser used it in a comment and it has a a certain charm that 'uni' just lacks. Therefore, I think I will make more use of it...

Anyway, today was the first day back at 'Yooni' after a six-month summer (a summer filled with nothingness except a week away and working). So, although it is nice to have a lie in EVERYDAY, it's good to be back and to be using my brain again (which you know, is essential in a human being's life). However, I do not think I will ever get used to the early starts, so my full attendance record I've set already may yet be ruined (I know it's day one but I deserve a medal for going in seeing as I rather neglected lectures last year...)

I got the ten past eight bus to be in for ten and arrived at half nine. I hate being late but I also dislike being too early for things too. Also, the fact that I am a friendless bastard in my course does not help the passage of time (and it's not like I haven't tried). So, sniffling and head drooped, I walked to the lecture room and sat down BY MYSELF. Oh woe is me. At least I didn't fall asleep during this lecture and the lecturer's name is Dr Aliakbar Jafari, which combined gives me the image of Jafar from 'Aladdin' and Admiral Ackbar from 'Star Wars'.

Creepy, enjoy the image of an arabian lobster lecturing on Consumer behaviour...

It finished early which meant another hour and a half of waiting around so I did a very studenty thing and went to the library and wrote up my student planner (which I give two weeks before I forget all about it and lament on what a waste of money it was). The next lecture was management and luckily, Rachel from entrepreneurship last year stroke up a conversation with me and I got to sit next to someone in a lecture (that's how sad my life is).

I was meeting up with Mark for lunch, making the poor boy come down all the way from Caley for me, his wee nigel friend and we sat and had a Greggs (I know I wasn't supposed to go back but I had no pastry!) Also, I bought books from Fraser, which saved me a right few bob (Thank you Fraser!)

Finally, I had international business analysis and I have to say, I nearly fell asleep and did the whole 'my-head-is-falling-forward,-wakes-up-and-snaps-back-up' manoeuvre which does not bode well for the rest of the year... However, none of my lectures lasted long so I got away pretty early and on my way home I picked up a Gym Membership form. I am officially half way to gymness, God knows it will do me good!

Additional point of interest: Thermal mugs so I can have tea on the bus in the morning was a great invention. I want to love the person who thought of it, it saved me today.


No comments:

Post a Comment