Friday 7 January 2011

Review of 'Gulliver's Travels'

The guys and me went to see the new Jack Black movie, 'Gulliver's Travels' in 3D!

Plot


Jack Black plays Gulliver, a bit of a nobody who, whilst trying to impress the editor he's had a crush on for five years', is sent to investigate the Bermuda Triangle and through a whirlpool-thing, gets transported to the tiny land of Lilliput which is populated by little people.

Characterisation


I only want to focus on two people. Number one, Jason Segel as Horatio. I have an insane crush on that man and I can't explain why! Plus, I loved his english accent, twas well sexy! Number two, Chris O' Dowd as General Edwards. ROY FROM THE IT CROWD IN A HOLLYWOOD MOVIE. What a legend. Plus, he was the main antagonist!

Humour


The cast boasts pretty much a who's who of comedy. Jack Black, Billy Connelly, Catherine Tate, James Cordon etc. It was hilarious and there was one bit I genuinely couldn't stop laughing at.

Overall, it was a hilarious movie with great effects, story and characters. The only thing that let it down was the 3D, there was virtually nothing in 3D!

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment