Sunday 10 July 2011

Day Eight - "Daylight come and me no wanna go home..."

Monday, 20th June 2011

I woke up at quarter to eleven and held a serious debate...in my head. To shower or not to shower? (Not that I was smelly anything, just for extra freshness). The debate lasted for quite a while before finally, this house believed that I should indeed, go for a shower, which was all fine and dandy until I realised the straightners were packed away so up my hair went.

We had to check out at 12pm so we got out with fifteen minutes and bid a sorrowful farewell to our home away from home for a week. Lauren had tidied up the day before (I had been the tidy freak at the beginning of the holiday) and the flat was more or less back to normal (apart from the five or so plastic bags of rubbish). We checked out at reception and then we went into the boys room. Grant, Lauren and me went for lunch whilst the others started packing and then once it hit three, we all left our rooms, put our luggage in the room and went out onto the beach promenade for some serious shopping.

The dogs we befriended whilst shopping!

I bought presents for my family (cause' I'm nice like that) and mostly hung out with the guys whilst the other girls did serious shoe and bag shopping (something I don't mind occasionally but I am in no way hardcore about it). It was when I declared that I found shoe shopping boring that a connection between Grant and myself sparked, he declared his love for me and I declared a love for him (and his SYP expenses) and at that very moment, we became engaged. The wedding is to be soon and Grant has found a ring for me already, therefore, I am impressed by his commitment already. We then made our way back up to the hotel but not before having a game of mini - golf. Now, I know how legendary I am at Pool but I was actually quite good at the golf and came fourth overall, a respectable score I'll have you know!



It was around nine o' clock at night when we got back to the hotel and we sat in the lobby for a while before going for our last meal at the restaurant. It was a very sad occasion indeed, especially as we were so used to seeing Chris and Julie everyday. However, Chris had already moved onto his new 'BBFL', Shaun from Sunderland which left Scott slightly upset I think. We then played pool, where Scott found out just how talented I am at the game and we decided to get a few pictures with the hole outside our hotel (the photo shall explain it). We kind of went a bit mad with the said hole to be honest but at least in some small way, we all got our hole on holiday.

The girls in the hole!


Our coach was due to pick us up between 1am and 1.30am but it was slightly late however, it eventually arrived and I bid farewell to Poseidon, the supermarket, Disco Orange and the waterpark all on the way to the airport. The queues in the airport were horrific to say the least and a guy from Scotland in front of us with his mates decided it would be a good idea to throw up in the middle of the security queue which was always nice (especially with one of his mates opening the lid of the bin so we were all hit with the delectable waft of whitey). We were slightly delayed and with a McDonalds only serving toasties and hotdogs (not. even. a. big. mac.), we were all getting a wee bit grumpy. We boarded the plane not long after though and arrived back in Glasgow, very tired. I can definitely say when I got into my bed after getting back from the airport, I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

So, let's sum up the holiday, eh?

It was bloody good. The weather was awesome all the time, the drinks and food were cheap, the banter was flowing, the trousers were ripping, the lips were pulling and the fun never stopped. Thanks guys for a great holiday, I will remember it for the rest of my life, mainly when Grant fell through the wall but all the other sweet moments too!

I'M FREE FROM CONTRACTUAL HOLIDAY BLOGS, YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment