Sunday 26 September 2010

For want of a better name...

Right now: 'House Party' - The Midnight Beast


Yesterday was an interesting day, so allow me to explain. 'Ahem'. Devon and me got up at the ungodly hour of 9.30am, yesterday morning and as Devon put it, it took us 'every fibre of our being' to get out of bed. Once, we had managed to drag ourselves from bed zombie-style, we dressed, played with Millie and then got a bus to the Town Centre. I withdrew the necessary 'wonga' out of my bank account and made a quick stop to Gregg's for a Cheese Savoury Sub, Nom! We then hopped onto the bus to The Barras and made our way into the legendary marketplace, where pirate dvd's and cd's are available at the drop of a hat!

The Barras: Neds, Stalls and black market items galore!

We made our way through the crowds of people who were selling cheap cigarettes and carpets and then (this is the part where I get over-dramatic) suddenly, this old gypsy woman grabs my arm, immediately deciding for herself that I want to buy charms from her, and says 'Come with me'. 'NO GYPSY LADY, I SHALL NOT COME WITH YOU SO YOU CAN SELL ME FOR A HERD OF CAMELS' is not my exact words but more feelings. However, it amazes me that in situations like that, I can still retain my politeness, and I replied 'No thanks'. So after that dramatic encounter, we are walking around, trying to find the psychic, contemplating the embarrassment I would experience, if the gypsy lady was the actually the one we were seeking. Luckily, it wasn't and we eventually found the lovely Petrona and her booth. Devon goes in first, and whilst I was waiting, I was chatting to people on facebook and taking a photo for this lovely blog!


An awesome experience

Devon comes out, looking rather pleased and then it was my turn. That's when the butterflies that call my stomach home start swarming. All I can say is Thank God I didn't have breakfast otherwise you wouldn't of needed a crystal ball to predict me throwing up. I can't explain why I was so nervous, I just didn't want to hear any bad stuff, the same fear I guess everyone has. The room was very dark, except for a few flickering candles, but all-in-all, it was very plain and not cluttered with crystals and other such artifacts that make the whole experience seem a bit phony. I don't want to reveal what she said because it was really deep and private but the experience was so worth it and I would definitely go back! The spookiest thing probably was that she asked me If I was looking forward to my hair cut and that she thought they were going to cut it really nice. It was only when I asked Devon had she mentioned it to the psychic and she replied 'No' that I got slightly weirded out! I know some people can be very observant but I never mentioned it once when I was around her! Spooky eh? Then we jumped on a bus again into the City Centre where we jumped off at George Square and proceeded to find a Starbucks and talk about our experience.  Then, after we walked in a couple of squares (not circles as Devon kindly pointed out!), we finally got to the hairdressers (or the James Dunn House for all you posh people!)  I musr admit, when we got in, the modern decor and the glamour of the hairdressers intimidated me. On the contrary, they were all lovely, and the sat Devon next to me so I wasn't by myself. I got my hair nicely washed with minty shampoo, however the whole experience was like being at the dentist, because as you sat down in the chair, it reclined backwards. I was inclined to open my mouth and say 'ahhhhh'. I then got my hair chopped, layered, thinned and beautified by the lovely Gillian, even though she was angry I hadn't had my hair cut in five months (woops). I finally walked out, with a bouncy new do and then we piled onto ANOTHER bus to the town centre, picked up some eyeliner, and then finally, got yet ANOTHER bus, and finally trekked the five minutes back from the bus stop to my humble abode. I had some fajitas for dinner (Nom!) and then pulled on my lovely new maxi dress and got ready for the rugby club beach party at Calderglen. Special mention to Katie, who spent fifteen minutes putting gladiator sandles on my feet!


New hairy do plus beach accessories and one sister...

The beach party was really good. I tried three different cocktails, all of them as equally disgusting as each other! I danced a lot of the night away, and met some new people which is always nice. I also risked hypothermia last night and spoke to Ellyn for about twenty minutes (She's worth it though!) and then Abby's dad kindly gave me a lift home and I quickly got changed and made my way to bedforshire!



No comments:

Post a Comment