Saturday 25 September 2010

Why is it always Vicious Circles, Why do we never hear of the 'Dodidendron of Despair'...

Hmm, I had quite an eventful day today. I got up precisely when I meant to, at 7.30am. I showered, preened and beautified myself, had an altercation with Mummy (as you do) and then got on a bus for 8.40am! I got to the town centre at 9am, and I must admit, I loved shopping at that time in the morning. Sure, you have to do the whole, drag-yourself-out-of-bed-and-walk-to-the-bathroom-like-a-zombie-thing, but I got a lot done today, and have been able to tick off the many items of expenditure on my list of expensive things for University. I went for a McDonalds breakfast around 9.30am. I purchased a sausage and pancakes meal but wasn't feeling risqué enough for a hot beverage, so I settled on a diet coke (watching my 'figure' y'see!). Finally, I got on a bus to Strathy and met Sarah in the courtyard outside the union. I did take a picture of this momentous occasion, but my camera is being a poo and won't let me upload it. (Update: Picture is now up!)


Sun in Glasgow? Yes, it happened...


Then, we made our way to the lecture hall, and I decided, as always, to sit at the back by myself like a proper billy-no-mates. However, the lovely lithuanian, Aida, recognised me from the meeting on Tuesday, and we sat next to each other, and it was really nice. The lecture started with the usual formalities of introducing nice people, explaining courses and general banter. Then, as a special guest, a Dr. from Stanford University gave us a unique insight into his research paper, which required volunteers to test how alcohol affects one's marks.It was quite interesting. And then it got a whole lot more interesting! Suddenly this Dr. starts perfecting the best dance moves since Brent from 'The Office' and starts stripping, ACTUAL STRIPPING. Then the fat suit comes off and he became australian. It really was as simple as that. In all honesty, it was one of the best laughs I've had in a long time, and it's a shame really because that will probably be the best lecture we ever have. Then once that was over, and it was a shame, we were split into our groups, and sent on our 'Orienteering Activity'. I must admit, because we all have the smarts, we worked out the best route, which meant no hills (Yay!) But some of the sheets were annoyingly AWOL, so I will have to catch up about that one. Then, the group and me (who are lovely) went our seperate ways, but not before agreeing to meet up on Thursday at 11am for some coffee! Then I spent the next two and a half hours trying to find the place where I can receive a free hoody. On the way though, a very nice, young chap in the form of 'Colin' had a lovely chat with me (He was from Save the Children okay?) and he gave me a High-Five and commented on my politeness, which always makes me smile for some reason! Eventually, I found it in the end, but the picture is horribly horrific, and it will probably not get used because of it's hideous nature. The free hoody however, is very cosy, and the appealing free pizza offer, seven days a week, is very appealing to one's stomach! Then, I finally made it back home and got changed and went to Grant Ferguson's 18th, which was really, really good!


Normal, Cheesy, Suggestive...


 I had a smashing time! Then Devon came home with me, and we ate toast and played with Millie, and then had fun catching her and putting her in the living room, then having to catch her again etc... Tomorrow, we are going to see the psychic lady, should be good hopefully! Devon's asleep now, woops....

No comments:

Post a Comment