Tuesday 9 November 2010

Monday's Child is full of face...

Right now: Cassie - Me and You (Don't ask, it's a song I particularly like)

Today was an excellent day, it is no lie! It was an expensive day, I admit but an excellent day nonetheless.

I woke up at half seven and I admit, I put my alarm off for a while. But I got ready and got the bus (no metro, sadface). I would now like to take the opportunity to rant (because I never do that right?). This bus driver, no joke, drove at about 25 mph, it was so painfully slow, like slowly ripping out your soul painful. My ninety year old Auntie is more daredevilish than that at 30 mph! Then, there was a diversion, which I suspect will be like that for fourteen months! Oh the joys of the public transport system!

I made it to university and went to the library to meet Clare and Dougie to put the finishing touches to our entrepreneurship presentation. We finished at half twelve (a record for Clare and me) and then got some breakfast which for my consisted of a breakfast panini which was awesome! I was starving though! We went into entrepreneurship and did our thing and got relatively good feedback which is always nice. Then, I withdrew money and met Lauren in George Square for our first experience in Elia, a greek restaurant we both spotted on the way to Freshers Week and something we have been dying to try! We sat down and ordered a glass of wine each and both order Tzaziki for starter which was absolutely delicious! We both ate what looked like a blade of grass (chive) and decided that if that was what grass tasted like, we'd pour tzaziki over our respective front lawns! We then had salad for the main and it came to a really good price, so that is our new post-payday monday. We then headed up to the union for a few drinks and we both genuinely started feeling fuzzy so we got the bus home together! It was a lovely afternoon, so thanks Lauren!

Hendo with the beloved Tzaziki!

My mofo of a chicken salad!

Looking immensely proud of my chicken salad!


Then, I got home and after lazing about for a few hours, I decided to act on impulse and meet Emma, Owen and David for a drink (and a bit of gambling on the quiz machine) at Shenanigans where I enjoyed a cranberry and vodka and then cinema after to see 'Due Date' which was absolutely hilarious, nevermind a nom Robert Downey Jr!

All in all a good wee (boozy may I hasten to add) day for me, although I am mindful - ILYSMDM!

No comments:

Post a Comment