Monday 29 November 2010

Review of Biffy Clyro

On Friday, Lauren and me went to Biffy Clyro at the SECC (thanks to Lisa who sold us the tickets). We went on the first of their two-night stay in Glasgow.

Support Acts


Futureheads and Holy State. For some reason, I thought Twin Atlantic were supporting so I was upset to find out they weren't. Holy State were good only by the fact that the guitarist was thrusting his way through songs, much to the amusement of Lauren and I. Futureheads were toe-tappingly excellent though!

Atmosphere


Lauren and me were in seating, which I guess took away a little of the intimacy of the gig for us. SECC is also, a tough venue to play to but Biffy managed to get the intimacy going whilst making it an excellent gig.

Set List


They played a heck of a lot of songs for me. That was one of the best set lists I've ever experienced, maybe only rivalled by Green Day (but they've been going for thirty odd years).

The Performance


Biffy Clyro were sensational. They all came in topless with skinny jeans on and just powered their way through songs, even ones from their older albums which impressed their older fans. For me, highlights were, 'That Golden Rule', 'Many of Horror' and 'Machines'. The acoustics songs were simply magically and the finish, with 'Mountains' was a fitting end to an amazing gig.

Overall, Biffy Clyro was an amazing gig and is a late entry into my gig of the year. The only thing that would of made it better would of been if I had been standing but apart from that, there are no complaints, it was a great night!

9/10


I wish I could say I took this photo but I didn't (Thanks Amanda, if you read this, but I borrowed it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment