Wednesday 29 December 2010

Amy's Best of 2010: Episode Five - 'The Best Times of 2010'

Okay, probably the penultimate in my series of 'Best Of' for two reasons. One, because I want to blog about my dream last night and two, it is getting awful boring reminiscing about this year, especially one that I would rather forget most of it. However, I am an optimistic old fool and despite swimming in troubled, sewage-ridden (aka, shitty) oceans this year, there have been brief moments of a lifeguard (my analogy rules to be honest). Here they are, in awesome flashback detail!


10. Christmas Night Out
It was really nice spending time with my close knit group of friends over a lovely chinese. Plus the banter between Mark, Jamie, David and me could not be topped anywhere and I was in stitches half the time.
Yes, Mmmm...


9. Grant's Eighteenth
A highly-anticipated event! Probably doing six shots of sourz in two minutes by passing the bottle around until finished was the most impressive act of the night!


8. Work Night Oot
We all got royally pished. It was hilarious seeing everyone absolutely blootered! Plus, our attempt at completing the shot menu was quite successful! Proud Mary will never be heard in the same way again, let's be honest!





7. Lauren's Eighteenth
The event that tickled my tastebuds and introduced me to a love of greek food. Mmm Tzaziki! Plus, Fuzion afterwards was belting as always!




6. Grant's 18th
Probably one of the best parties of the year and I didn't even get that 'Mad With It'. To be honest, I cannot explain why it was so good but it was!



5. Getting Millie
Yes, she scratches and bites the living flesh of me. Yes, she wrecks the house and requires the tree to be taken down prematurely (like two days after christmas). But I absolutely adore her and her wee face and how she snuggles up next to my laptop to sleep. I don't regret getting her for a second!



4. Hanna's Leaving Party
The premise of the event is heart-wrenching. It is awfully upsetting to see one of your best friends move away but the night itself was excellent and the Swedish hospitality is unrivalled by anyone!



3. Prom
The lead up to the event was not good. There were cries of anxiety, people exclaiming it would be shit! I looked awful but the actual event itself (without the limo drama) was amazing! It was (to be) a great send off to the class of 2010!



2. Camping
I don't think anyone (apart from those who went) fully appreciate how much I needed to get away from home and recharge my batteries in St Andrews. I was only there for a full day but it was just nice being in a new place with some just great people and having a good time (all without alcohol might I add!)



1. My Eighteenth
It's extremely biased, I know, but I actually loved my eighteenth. It was a time when I had no worries, just spending quality time with my family and friends. I loved every single minute of it and I would give anything to go back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment