Wednesday 22 December 2010

Amy's Best of 2010: Episode One - 'The Best Songs of 2010'

I did the Best of 2010. Fraser did too. Fraser did it better. I stole his idea (I'd say we were even now). Anyway, here is episode one of my best of 2010. Due to the previous blog, some of these won't be a surprise so I will cover an area I didn't in the previous blogs, my favourite songs of 2010!


10. 'Trophy Eyes' - Youmeatsix
I love the guitar riff in it, quite a powerful sound from the band which kind of strays away from their pop/rock sound, which I love also but this song was the best on the album for me. (From the Album, 'Hold Me Down')


9. 'The Flood' - Katie Melua
Up until now, I have always hated Katie Melua. I hated her hair, it looked stupid. I hated her songs, they were boring. Then, she teamed up with William Orbit and magical things happen. Her hair started to look nice and she started to make really good music. The Flood is an excellent example. (From the Album, 'The House')



8. 'Stay too Long' - Plan B
Rap really isn't my thing, I can't lie. But there is something so contagiously catchy about this song that you instantly get up and dance when it comes on! Tune and a half. (From the Album, 'The defamation of Strickland Banks')


7. 'Good Times' - Roll Deep
It is a bit weird, for a rock goddess like me, to admit my love of Roll Deep but they are actually so awesome. Every song they have released I have liked for some strange reason. When I find the reason, I'll get back to you... (From the Album, Winner Stays On)



6. 'Frisky' - Tinie Tempah
Probably my favourite new artist (WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THE ROCK WITHIN ME?)! You've got to love a bit of Tinie Tempah though, even though I still lapse, I go 'TWISTY'. I love 'Pass Out' and 'Written in the Stars' too but 'Frisky' is excellent! (From the Album, 'Disc-Overy')



5. 'Many of Horror' - Biffy Clyro
Ahh, finally some rocking guitars are back into the list. Words cannot describe how immense this song is. With the violins and Simon Neil's soaring vocals, it just tickles my ear's metaphorical tastebuds a lot. Seeing this song live was a dream come true. (From the Album, 'Only Revolutions')



4. 'On a Mission' - Gabriella Cilmi
How could I forget this song? My first thought was that it sounded very 80's (which for anyone who knows me, is an era I am obsessed about). I liked Cilmi's earlier stuff, it was quite jazzy but I loved this song. It's shame that it never really took off for her after this single. (From the Album, 'Ten')


3. 'OMG' - Usher feat. Will I Am
This was the summer song of 2010. It was the song that filled the dance floor. It is clear to me that Usher is excellent at crafting catchy tunes and Will I Am, Can he do no wrong? (From the Album, 'Raymond Vs. Raymond')


2. 'Tenderoni' - Kele
Bloc Party are an awesome band, no doubt about it, but Kele is the driving force. I can't remember how I stumbled upon this song, but boy, I'm glad I did. It is so catchy and electronic and dancey, even though it makes no sense whatsoever. (From the Album, 'The Boxer')



1. 'Tik Tok Parody' - The Midnight Beast
Complete and utter devotion to this group. The song is nothing but sheer genius, each of the boys have a soft spot in my heart and every song since has never failed to make me laugh or get on my iPod. A well - deserved number one. (From the single, 'Tik Tok Parody')




No comments:

Post a Comment