Saturday 11 December 2010

London calling to the faraway towns, Now war is declared and battles come down...

To get a better idea of what I'm talking about, please read this:

http://krona.tumblr.com/post/2169603885 (Thanks Kristy)

It is a long account of the student protest on Thursday 9th December in response to the rise in student tuition fees in England and to be perfectly honest, one of the most horrific tales of brutality I have ever read, RIGHT HERE, in the democracy of the UK. I have always been interested in protests, peaceful ones at that and I had the opportunity to go to one in November but due to work commitments, I turned it down. Part of me always regretted that decision but I am a bit of a coward and now, all I can think is Thank God I never went and experienced my faith in some things being smashed, namely, the police. I'm not condemning all police officers but more riot police, officers who have been specially trained to disintegrate crowds not only through violence but also through diplomacy and reasoning. But in all honesty, the way they conducted themselves yesterday is nothing short of disgusting and all of them should be ashamed of themselves for not conducting themselves in a respectable manner. Even now, there are reports of a student with brain damage, it's just totally and fundamentally wrong. The way they acted is the totally wrong way to go around these things as people are even more angry now, I know I certainly am, and although I will probably never become involved with these matters physically (because I am a coward), I will voice my opinion loud. To all those who read that blog and become a Political Activist overnight, I applaud you, you have done something I could never do.

Obviously borrowed from a facebook group, but still, original!

It scares me, that this whole police brutality has reminded me of the film 'V for Vendetta', a film whose government is populated by corrupt, power-hungry people, who terrify the general public into conformity. I'm extremely worried for this country and it's people. 'Sigh'...

Where's our very own V when you need him?

No comments:

Post a Comment