Wednesday 22 December 2010

Amy's Best of 2010: Episode Two - 'The Best Gigs of 2010'

Okay, so now it is time for the Best Gigs of 2010! I have decided instead of gigs, I will list the ten best live perfomances (seeing as many of the acts that will appear on this list are also support acts).


10. Holy State (Support for Biffy Clyro)
The music wasn't even that outstanding, it was more the fact that the guitarist decided to thrust his way through every song. Man, that guitar was getting it good!
Highlights: The thrusting Guitar man, obviously!



9. Street Drums Corps (Support for 30 Seconds to Mars)
Full of energy, good drums (obviously) and generally a good warm up for the main event!
Highlights: The Drums

8. FACT (Support for Breathe Carolina)
The japanese are both awesome and weird. The music was so damned catchy and the perfomance was epic. Plus, I got to meet them afterwards!
Highlights: The fact I got to meet them! (See what I did there?)


7. Kill Hannah
One of the best birthday presents I have ever received, although they played the only song I really know at the end. Man, I went nuts though!
Highlights: 'Lips like Morphine'

6. My Passion (Support for Kill Hannah)
They were also catchy, and kind of hot! But no, the songs were quite upbeat and even though I hadn't really listened to them beforehand they still managed to put on a good show. Plus the fact I met all of them after the  gig adds to the experience.
Highlights: 'Crazy and Me', 'Day of the Bees'



5. Joan Jett and the Blackhearts (Support for Green Day)
I didn't realise how much of a legend Joan Jett is. She is an utter babe who made the gig that night even better (and I didn't know that was even possible). Her songs were amazing and she got the crowd going. She's one of my favourites now.
Highlights: 'Bad Reputation', 'I love Rock and Roll'


4. Biffy Clyro
Last minute tickets were in order for this gig, and despite the fact Lauren and me were in very shitty seating, the gig was still absolutely amazing and it still felt intimate despite the large audience they were playing to. Sheer quality!
Highlights: 'Many of Horror', 'Machines', 'The Captain'


3. 30 Seconds to Mars
They are my favourite band of all time, and when the opportunity came, I grabbed it like a hungry dog with a bone. In all honesty, the only reason they are number three is the fact they are my favourite, and I am incredibly biased but the set list was okay at best and the crowd were just not up for it. The SECC is too big for them methinks.
Highlights: 'Buddha for Mary', 'Closer to the Edge', 'Vox Populi'


2. Blink 182
It was a gig I never thought I would ever see. I thought they would never get back together ever again until Travis Barker had his accident and I correctly predicted that night that they would get back together, and boy, I'm glad I was right! They were honestly immense and they played so many songs! They are an utter machine of a band.
Highlights: 'All the Small Things', 'I miss You', 'The Rock Show'



1. Green Day
How could they not be number one? They are the sexiest band alive and they just ploughed their way through songs. A band who sound better live than on record. Plus Billie Joe is an absolute babe of a man. And I heard Tre sing. And Mike, what a legend. Awww, I could go on about how good it was but it was indescribable!
Highlights: 'Wake me up when September ends', 'Holiday', 'King for a Day'

No comments:

Post a Comment