Saturday 28 May 2011

Give me everything tonight...

The above title of my blog was a natural and obvious choice because I am rather obsessed with Pitbull feat. Ne-yo - 'Give me everything'. For someone who counts bands like Metallica and Green Day amongst her favourites, I find it strange that I like music like this but I shall not be ashamed to say Pitbull is my favourite rapper (especially seeing as I have very little shame anyway).

Last night, Lisa celebrated turning that grand ol' age of nineteen (finally, some people are catching up with me and the other old yins of the group) by going on a pub crawl of Ashton Lane. I had never been before so it was quite a shock turning into this cobbled street just off Hillhead Subway station and arriving in a quaint little village set up. It was almost like walking into Bangor again (which I refuse to accept as a city).

Firstly went to the upstairs of The Grosvenor (which is like the friggin' tardis in all honesty) and had a wee glass of wine. I saw my woman on the wall (Joan Jett is one of two women that I love) and fanned myself with the pizza menu (I was honestly just too hot last night, and you make take that in any way you want). We then went downstairs to sample £2.50 cocktails whilst Mark explained the proper way to make them, we also unofficially partook (how awesome is that word?) in the pub quiz where the guy thanked us for remaining quiet (Aye right...)

We then jumped ship to Vodka Wodka where I had a rather disgusting concoction called Jolly Rancher, still drank it though whilst chatting to the canadian barman, who said he just ended up working in Scotland (as you do). Honestly, claustrophobe's nightmare in there. We then decided to leave for the garage but not before getting an official Team Bulgaria 11' picture (minus Amy and Katy though, sadface).Then I jumped into a taxi with Lauren, Lisa and Colin and went to the Garage, which was free entry for everyone because it looked like the cash register was broken so 'Yaldi's' were had all round. It was a great wee night and I can't not mention the most lovely taxi driver who took us home for FIVE POUNDS EACH. Bless his wee heart, ECKO all the way now!

Thank you Lisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment