Tuesday 31 May 2011

Nyan, nyan, nyan

I'm attempting to listen to the 'Nyan Cat' during the duration of typing up this blog. We'll see how it goes, I'll either succeed, turn it off or my brain will explode (which in that case, this blog will probably never see the light of day).

Non-Stop Nyan Cat

I feel it is all subliminal or headache inducing, one of the two...


I actually had a good day today. I got up rather late (my bad), watched some television with the mother and then made a bacon sandwich. I deleted someone from Facebook which made me feel tonnes better, I went for a shower and then Lauren texted me saying Colin's Dad had offered to take us into see 3OH!3 which was really nice of him (particularly because Colin wasn't even going).

We got into Glasgow and walked past 'Spoons where the large poster saying 'Cocktail Pitchers - £4.99' caught our eyes. I think there was brief moment of telepathy as we both headed for the entrance and ordered a sex on the beach, closely followed by something else, which I now can't remember the name of (I'm not drunk I swear, I geuninely think it's this bloody nyan cat fucking with my brain).

Around quarter to eight, we went across the road and into the ABC and went upstairs to the pod bar to watch Innerpartysystem play. They sounded amazing and I loved their first album, it was only a shame they didn't play much of it, especially 'Don't Stop', which should be a staple must-play in their setlist. 'American Trash' sounded immense though. We then headed downstairs into the crowd for the main event, 3OH!3. We spoke to this australian girl rather randomly before the show started which was amusing and I also had a conversation with Fraser via text (even though we could see each other).

Then the lights dimmed and on came 3OH!3 and boy, do they know how to work a crowd. We were going nuts for them and their setlist was brilliant, they even played 'Love 2012', one of my favourites from the new album which I did not expect them to play, so that brought a cheeky wee smile to my face. Plus, the fact Sean Foreman looked amazingly sexy tonight definitely helped matters. After the show, we headed to a newsagents and each bought a tandoori wrap and teeny bottle of irn bru and then Colin's Dad came and picked us up and took us home (what a nice guy!)

I got in at about twenty past eleven and had a great day! Also, on an even more exciting note, I got a call from Barrhead Travel today to say the tickets for our holiday were in and I'm to go in and pick them up! Absolutely buzzing for holiday now and even important matters such a toothbrushes and toothpaste were discussed over the cocktails today! Ahh, good times all round!

I lasted 852.4 seconds on the Nyan Cat, not bad but my head genuinely hurts. Bloody japanese, some people eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment