Wednesday 18 May 2011

I'm on a highway to hell

I have my first driving lesson tomorrow. It's about bloody time I started but it was just one of those things I just never got round to doing, almost like getting a life (next on my hitlist).

Today, whilst mother dearest was driving me home from work, I proposed the rather 'crazy' idea of Mum letting me reverse on the drive way. She showed me the pedals, which I already knew. I slid into the driver's seat with effortless grace (I tell a lie, I banged my knee as I dove in) and pressed pedals, only to realise that something wasn't quite right. That's when a finger pointed to the keys and my Mum burst out laughing. I turned on the ignition (you know, that helps, apparently), got into gear fine and was about to try to reverse when my Mum went 'Kathleen is behind us but don't worry you won't run her over'. I reversed sharply for half a second before my Mum put the handbrake on and I stopped the ignition.

I'm genuinely such a fail. I actually feel so sorry for this poor guy who's going to lose hair trying to teach me to drive. I'll probably end up on one of those programmes for people who have tried to pass their test a thousand times and still fail.

Not quite yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment