Monday 23 May 2011

Pala

Right now: 'Chimes' - Friendly Fires

The previous blog was lyrics from Katie Melua's 'Red Balloons'. I have to admit, I never was Katie Melua's number one fan, in fact, I pretty much labelled her boring, monotonous and repetitive. Then, someone had the novel idea of William Orbit producing her new album and BAM, it has become a favourite of mine.

If there is one thing I appreciate about myself, it is my superb taste in music. I don't have a favourite genre, nor will I ever. I go through phases. Summer is usually the time for pop/dance music whilst I progress through the winter months with heavy metal/rock music. Nothing is out of reach for me. For example, I currently have Lady Gaga's and Friendly Fires' new albums on constant replay and they are both pretty good. Early favourites of the Gaga would include 'Judas', 'Government Hooker' and 'Edge of Glory' and with Friendly, well, all of them! How I shall nom these albums on holiday!

Which, coincedentally, I go on three weeks today and I'm starting to stress slightly. I hate lousy baggage restrictions and this one could be described worst than lousy. I am already ten kilograms over the allowance and I'm half way there. The abbreviation 'FML' springs to mind... Clearly I've either got to drastically reduce my luggage intake or pretend that this is a 'nudist' holiday.

Also a worry is cash flow up until the holiday. It is not worth repeating how much of my wages are left (three days after I got them nonetheless). Half of it did go on spending money to be fair but the other half seems to be playing a rather cruel game of hide and seek which will not do at all. A loan may need to be taken out... from the bank of Mum and Dad no less.

But apart from those minor hiccups, I have already began making my holiday playlist which is going to be excellent and in general, I have a buzz about the whole thing. I also have to mention my sister, who today proclaimed that she had a present that she was going to surprise me with the day before I went on holiday. After much guessing (I guessed a dress, a top and a drinking game), she gave in and made me close my eyes and held out my hands. As if by magic, I opened my eyes and in my hands was a box... of condoms. The girl proceeded to read the instructions for use out loud whilst I prayed my Dad would not walk in at the moment. She then chucked condoms in random areas of my case (eighteen in all). I have never been quite so embarrassed in my whole life but then again, I was pissing myself laughing at the same time...

In completely unrelated news, I have the itchiest foot in the whole entire world and no matter how much I scratch the motherfucker, it is never satisfied. Damn.

Not long now!

No comments:

Post a Comment