Sunday 12 June 2011

Because I've got to have faith...

Okay, the case is nearly packed, the hand luggage is sorted, music and playlists are sorted and in general, all preparations for holiday are accomplished. Now, I only had my last shift at work to get through then a state of permanent buzzing could take it's place in my soul. Judging Sainsburys track record, I was expecting the crappiest shift ever. I could not have been more wrong...

1. I was put on with Robbie, which means almost certain banter aside from the obvious fact I have someone to talk to whilst I work.

2. I was put on tills which breaks the shift up and it went quickly. I am also making less mistakes which is a good thing!

3. I had the two nicest customers in a row today. I had a lady who was about sixty in the aisle who apologised for disturbing me and asked if there were any jobs going in the place. I explained to her the recruitment process and how it's all on the internet but I felt so sorry for her, I decided to go and get her a number to ring instead. She said I was a credit to my company and thanked me. (I'm pretty sure a certain person wouldn't say that, but oh well). Then, I had to supervise self scan for a while, which was daunting and I helped an elderly couple with their shopping and then I had to go and help someone else when someone tapped my shoulder and the Grandad handed me a sweetie. I mean, how cute is that? Definitely restored my faith in good customers anyway!

4. It went so fast! It was like lightning!

So aye, Sainsbury's is finished for a few weeks, yay! So tomorrow, I'm off to the town centre with Devon, Laura and Jill (it shall be a tearful goodbye, I may launch into a rendition of Celine Dion's 'My heart will go on' to express my sadness, I'm sure they will all appreciate it, well... Jill would). I'll miss my girlies!

No comments:

Post a Comment