Friday 10 June 2011

Let's go round again... Part One

A few minutes ago, I had the sudden realisation that we are basically half-way through the year, two thousand and eleven (I can't help, I genuinely don't like the look of numbers, I prefer word. Blame higher english, shrugs). Therefore, it would only be natural and obvious to write a retrospective blog as it is the perfect time to have a look back on the last six months of 'two thousand and eleven' so far (and also because I promised Devon three blogs, my woman is nothing but demanding these days).

January

Wales

Wales was supposed to be a trip to see Ellyn for her eighteenth in the beautiful city of Bangor (yes, I am acknowledging it as a city now, not a town that it clearly is) and do not get me wrong, it was exactly that but it was also... quite a formative experience for me, I guess you could say. However, I loved the little city, Ellyn's flatmates are just brilliant people to be honest, seeing Ellyn was lovely and I stressed about trains, yay. It was a great wee holiday to bring the year in with a bang (or a thrust into a wall, shrugs).



Attack Attack Gig

Lauren and me waited two years to witness the sheer awesomeness of this band live and it was worth the wait. With the inclusion of a Fraser, we watched Sacred Betrayal attract the jailbait like a fridge attracts a magnet before the band themselves got onstage. I got drunk, I went nuts and I lost my purse in the cathouse. What a night. What makes me laugh is the fact that I was more worried about losing my cinema card than my bank card, what can I say, I am clearly a woman who has her priorities in the right place.


February

Polo

Robyn finally managed to succeed in getting me to Polo and Mark came along too. The first time we went, Mark and I decided to go all posh and eat in La Vita but subsequent times merely involved a chewing gum buying spree (for obvious reasons). I was pulled by a forty year old italian man (because I will always contest that I never pulled him) and went on a first date (D'aww). Jeez, when I think about it, February was also a formative month. I also won my first game of pool fairly, I was rather chuffed.



Jill's eighteenth

What was to be the last house party, the littleon of the group finally came of age and of course, we all celebrated it in true style by getting absolutely smashed. Rolling around the floor was definitely the highlight, as was the rave, that was the best and only rave I have ever been to. John and me having an in-depth philosophical conversation about Tommy, the green ranger from the Power Rangers was of course, a brilliant part of the night. However, what a way to confuse somebody who went to sleep with a double duvet and wakes up with a single...


My Chemical Romance Gig

Yes, most people think they are shit. Most people think they are past it. And to be honest, you would not be far wrong but the fact of the matter is the concert was brilliant, The Blackout were a fantastic support band and My Chemical Romance played a great set. That was also the night I met Debby, who has since become a really good friend and also, our epic journey back to East Kilbride via the last 66!



March

My Nineteenth

I am a biased person, I know this but I really enjoyed my nineteenth. The general feedback from people was 'I expected it to be crap but it was actually really good'. I literally do not know if I take this as an insult or a compliment but when you're as mad about the eighties as I am, you could not give a flying fuck. Plus, I went behind the DJ decks, and it was beast! Oh and the cake, the cake was amazing.


Fusi's nineteenth

My first night out to an ABC clubnight and it was beast. It was my first time of experiencing a Glasgow branch of Spoons, and I cannot lie, it was love at first sight when I saw the beautiful prices on the menu. Plus, Janey looked a babe in her Florence dress! (I have deja vu, I have written that sentence before somewhere, spooky!)


Hanna visiting

It was so amazing to see my lovely Hanna again nearly nine months after she moved back to Sweden. We only spent a couple of hours together but it was lovely seeing her face in real life instead of on a Skype box. I still miss her and I hope she continues to get better but I hope her visit to Scotland did some good.



Abby's leaving night

It feels kind of strange talking about this when she comes back in three days time, it is amazing how time flies but it was strangely not a bad night out, especially for Fuzion standards. It will be good to see her again and hear about her adventures in Oz!



Work Day Out

Originally Rebecca's idea, we decided to go out for the day before our shift at work. We decided to be fat bastards and visit both Nando's (which I won't talk about due to smashing a full bottle of Peri Peri sauce) and Yo Sushi! We also went to Hamleys, which was great fun and we walked around House of Fraser, where we felt like scum of the earth, yay! Also, a trip to the apple store was a necessary inclusion.



Because Devon wants to get to her bed, I shall do part two tomorrow. Plus, that counts as my blog for the day, Wheeeeeey!

No comments:

Post a Comment