Monday 13 June 2011

Explanation of another part of my psyche...

I inherited many things from my parents (obviously, you see, they are my parents, funny that...). I'm not being big headed but there are some good things about me. My good taste in music (I would go as far as epic but that would seem immodest of me), my sense of humour and my generosity are all good things I like about myself! But there are three things that I inherited from the darling parentals which I dislike majorly.

1. My ridiculous need to cry at everything and when I'm angry (I cried at River City once...)
2. My quick temper (Yeah, not even funny how quickly I can lose it, I even scare myself sometimes)
3. The fact that I worry about everything to such massive extremes (HATE, HATE, HATE!)

The third one is the worst to control. A few people can vouch for my worrisome nature, especially Devon who had to deal with me freaking out on the train journey to Wales from Glasgow (and that was quite stressful) and now I have to contend with the fact that I am going away abroad, without my parents, or teachers, just myself actng like an adult and being responsible for myself. Now, when I put it like that, that scares me. It's completely irrational and ridiculous. I'm the first to admit this but I like to feel safe and that part of me holds me back. I hate it with a passion as does everyone else around me but it's a part of me nonetheless and something outwith my control.

How the hell I'm going to cope going abroad by myself for three months for university is a fact I genuinely cannot contemplate right now...

I'm hoping writing it down in black and white will act as therapy for me. I am going with seven other grown-ups, three of whom went on holidays last year and came back unscathed and happy so that's good and puts my mind at rest. They also know what to expect so that puts me at ease. Also, we have a Grant, who can argue to the death which could also prove handy! I have Lauren right by my side too which helps because she understands what I'm like! And if anything does go wrong, it is outwith my control, everyone is in the same boat and I can't do anything about it! So, I'll try not to worry anymore because Bulgaria is going to be great fun! I can't believe the day has finally arrived, it's quite worrying how quick the year is going! I will be truly happy when I arrive in my apartment but for now, I'm just going to enjoy the buzz of holiday like everyone else is!

No comments:

Post a Comment