Saturday 11 June 2011

We can turn back the hands of time... Part Two

Due to Devon's tiredness last night (which clearly means, I was too 'ahem' energetic for her in a certain department last night and may possibly need to slow the tempo down next time I see my darling girlfriend), I had to cut the previous blog and now I'm onto part two (ooh go me, sound like a right wee author!). It also completes the contracted one blog per night set by Miss Whiplash herself (In fact, No, she would enjoy that title far too much, we'll say 'Wee Yin' instead, as Ellyn nicely put it). So where was I in my retrospective of two thousand and eleven so far? Ahh yes...

April


Trip to Edinburgh with Mark


We had discussed it for a while and then the opportunity decided to present itself on the Friday, where the weather was supposed to be glorious and shining like a proverbial star (or something particularly shiny). We did go to Edinburgh and whilst East Kilbride bathed in the shiny stuff, Edinburgh remained covered in a dark mist for most of the day. Did that stop us? Hell no. We did lot's of cultural stuff and I don't think I've ever laughed so much in my life at the mirrors in Camera Obscura. Plus, Mark running to the entrance of the Vortex Tunnel was epic.




Round Leon's


I lost my beer pong virginity, sipped a squashed frog and drank copious amounts of alcohol, culminating in crawling my way to the fridge because I could not stand anymore, to get more alcohol to finish the game of Ring of Fire (I mean, how pathetic is that? It may be time to give AA a call!). Then Jelly ended up on the ceiling and Mark tried to get it off with a broom whilst repeatedly saying 'Sweep Sweep' and we ended by reading bedtime stories to each other. All I can say is what a fecking good night!



May


Lisa's Birthday


Walking down Ashton Lane was like walking through a quaint town in the countryside, except it was right in the middle of Glasgow, next to the Hillhead Subway Station. I did laugh at the people in heels tackling the cobbles though, tee hee. We went for a bit of a pub crawl in Ashton Lane, sampled cocktails which Mark pointed out were flawed and told me how to make them better. It was also the night that the fact I'm bitched by Mark reared it's head (bad times). Then we went to the Garage afterwards where my attempts to find a nice young man only culminated in a random guy grabbing my hand as I walked past.



Eurovision


Lauren and mines most hotly anticipated event of the year finally arrived on the 14th May and it was an epic day to be honest. We made our t-shirts with pride (and mess, silly paint) and then went round to Katy's where I had a full bottle of vodka to myself and did not feel a thing (which lead me to believe I was a heavyweight, oh how wrong I was).






Birth of Cousin Harry


For most people, the birth of a cousin is not really that spectacular but because I come from a weird family, he is my only male first cousin so I was excited. He's an absolute beauty and he seems to like me as he wasn't wailing for his mum like all other babies do when I hold them.




3OH!3 Gig


After nearly forgetting about it, Lauren and me went to see 3OH!3 and Innerpartysystem at the Glasgow ABC. We also felt the need to sample two cocktails in Wetherspoons as a matter of decency to the chain and then entered Snapbooth, WIN! Both bands sounded amazing live and Sean Foreman is even more beautiful in reality.




June


Clare's Birthday


I had a great night! I drank very little, I enjoyed deep conversations with my friends, maintained a decent and graceful composure for the whole night and went home at 3am very sober and clean! (And that's how I shall maintain the night went because it is all lies and slander).



And that's the year so far! Here's to the rest of two thousand and eleven and more importantly, BULGARIA, which is in two days!

No comments:

Post a Comment