Saturday 9 October 2010

'Awwwww, Football Fwiend'...

I'm actually finding it quite difficult to construct a blog right now, so bare with me (and no, it's not alcohol)!

For once in my life today, I acted on impulse. Anyone who really knows me will probably understand I have a need for a concrete plan and that 'winging it' is not an option I feel comfortable. I have my whole life planned out in all honesty and that's what makes me feel secure. I'm probably bigging this up but it is a very rare act indeed for me to act impulsively so I want to celebrate my stray from the norm! I was chatting away to Devon on MSN when we both collectively decided to go to the town centre and meet for half an hours time. Yes, that people, is an act of impulse because I could not be arsed in all honesty. We got to the Westwood Square and disappointingly found that the Deli was closed (or for you dramatic folk, I collapsed to the floor in heartfelt agony, sobbed and looked to the sky asking whyyyyyy, Devon can verify that for you). Alas, without a nommy baguette in our hand, we headed to the town centre and then met up with Jill. They proceeded to Friday Football whilst I bought a shitload of new make-up and toiletries all whilst losing my bus pass and regaining it. Heart attack avoided.

A ned's point of view, fascinating insight...


I got home, showered, ate dinner and then went to the local public house, Shenanigans to watch the football, Scotland vs. Czechoslovakia game. The game was absolutely shite. The formation was wrong, there were no strikers on the field when we needed them and the Czech's scored, probably putting us out of Euro 2012. An abysmal game overall but a good night with great company in all. Although I do regret spending about £3 on the quiz machine (Fuck you, Raphael Clarke whoever the hell you are)! Lauren and me left around 11 and got a wee chip-peh and then taxi'd it back to our respective abodes. A good night all in all but sadly no pictures of the night so I shall leave you with another picture of the day!

If I saw this I would think the world was exploding...

No comments:

Post a Comment