Wednesday 20 October 2010

There are eight ponks in a schlib...

The alarm was set again today, and again I slept through it. Nothing new there. I think I may be starting to gain immunity against the most annoying noise in the world. Speaking of alarms, I wish to share with you a piece of advice. Never set your alarm noise as a song you actually like. After the hundredth time of hearing it, you actually realise that the song has become annoying, as your brain associates the song with getting up (which is the hardest challenge of daily life for me and an experience I find emotionally unsettling).

Anyway, got ready uber quickly and just made it to the bus stop, with two bags and a pair of loose jeans that consistently needed pulling up (also, very annoying). As I sat on the bus and read the Metro (It's kinda pathetic how excited I get when I get my hands on a metro), I caught a glance at the man in front of me. Never in my life have I ever been so convinced that a murderer was sitting across from me. On his jacket, was what looked like the imprint of a knife, an imprint conveniently a shade of red. Luckily, he got off at George Square and I got off at Buchanan Bus Station and walked, again to the Sir William Duncan building (do you see how repetitive my life is getting?). It was MDP today though and I think my team and me became better friends today! Although the task we had to do was proposterous in all honesty. We had to work out via problem solving skills (which my parents did not genetically pass to me in any way) what day an obelisk was completed on about 4000 years ago. We had to work out ponks, schlibs, zins etc. The question that was bothering the most was 'Do I actually care?'. Probably not but it was a laugh and I actually, strangely and confusingly enjoyed it. I then walked to Central and whilst sitting down I noticed the one - legged pigeon that resides in Central. I got a sneaky wee shot of him too!

Poor little Mucker!

I boarded a train in the station that smells strongly of potatoes to Hamilton West and had an uneventful journey. I had a McDonalds and then got ready for a four hour shift at work. I can't lie, the new store is opening tomorrow and I am no building expert but that shop is nowhere near ready. Thankfully, it went rather quick and I got home and had a wee bite to eat. Currently, I am enjoying a pear cider and laughing at my cat, who has fallen asleep in my bag!

Aha, what a tit!

No comments:

Post a Comment