Monday 11 October 2010

A birth of a song, a death of a dream...

Do you ever get urges (not dirty ones)? I was happily walking to the bus stop this morning when the overwhelming urge to watch Top Gun with Macaroni cheese occurred. I swear this is true and one night this week, I will do it because my parentals have abandoned me (again) and have gone for a jaunt 'caravaning' down south, leaving little old me home alone with a fur ball (but a loveable fur ball at that)!

Whilst on the bus, I put on 30 Seconds to Mars for the first time in ages and all day I have been listening to them. There's just something indescribable when it comes to that band. We just click! Again, there was no metro on the bus which to be honest, is getting beyond a joke. If you're going to provide a crappy, free newspaper at least make sure there is enough for everyone to go around! I stopped at Gregg's again for breakfast and sat down with it in George Square. I cannot lie, the Gregg's situation is getting beyond a joke, I really need to stop. I'm going to give up sausage rolls and eat those Breakfast biscuits Lisa Snowdon harks on about (really, I will). I then took a walk up the 90° hill and went into my first lecture, which was suprisingly interesting for once (and when I mean interesting, I mean I didn't fall asleep although there was one point when my eyes went in different directions but that's another story...). I then sat in Rottenrow gardens for a while, enjoying the rare sunshine Glasgow had to offer today and then went to my first entrepreneurship tutorial which was actually really good!

Seriously, look how blue that sky is...

Then, I decided to head to the cash machine at the union when I bumped into Lauren. We decided to go for a drink in the Gamezone (as you do) and then walked to the bookshop, where I bought a hoody and my HR book. I cannot describe the feeling when I handed over £70 worth of notes to the sales assistant, it was just horrible. I just hope it's worth the money! We then quickly hit Gregg's (I told you it was bad) and then Lauren ran off to her tutorial. But we're definitely gonna make it a weekly thing which is good fun! I then caught a bus (with the grumpiest bus driver ever) and the finally made it home at the ripe ol' time of half five.

I found this in the newsagents. I lol'd...


Must admit I'm not looking forward to tomorrow in all honesty. Having to get up at 6am and then working in the evening straight after university isn't going to be pleasant for sure! But I'll get through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment