Wednesday 13 October 2010

You gave me a piano with all eighty eight keys...

Right Now: 'Hands' - The Ting Tings

I have come to the conclusion that the psychic lady was wrong. She predicted I would get a degree but at the rate I'm going, this will not happen. I was alarmed by the alarm at 6am, precisely on time and knowing my being couldn't get out of bed yet, I gave myself another fifteen minutes. I woke up at half nine. Fuck my life sprang to mind at that point and yet I turned over and went back to sleep. I am such a failure in life.

However, MDP tutorials started today which are nicely compulsory. So I got up and ready, with my strathclyde hoody proudly providing me snuggability and I got on the bus and made it to the tutorial. I met up with my team who all seem very nice, especially because we are all girls, the only all girl team in the class (which I think, puts us at an advantage). We had to introduce ourselves to the class which was organised in the last two minutes (which always seems to work for some reason) and then we became a production line, making japanese waterbombs out of paper. Whilst deciding our roles, I was hit with a flashback of 2nd year Art when we tried to make origami swans. Let's just say my swan looked like one out of bird sanctuary (no offence intended). Therefore, I put myself forward for overseer and managed to keep morale up. We made the most out of the whole class, so I was very proud of all our efforts!

Twenty Six Waterbombs oot yer nut...

Then, I walked the walk (but I didn't talk the talk, I had my IPod in) to Central to catch a train to Hamilton in the underground where it strongly smells of piss yet a little boy decided it smelled like potatoes instead! I was on the train when the robot woman who tells you where the hell you are decided to fuck it up and make me have a heart attack by saying it was going to the SECC. Fortunately, the lady was wrong and she was put in her place when we arrived in Rutherglen (she was put in her place in my head). I went to McDonalds for dinner where I finally plucked up the courage, took the plunge and ordered twenty chicken nuggets and a coke. I thought I'd get weird looks but they arrived promptly and it was kinda awesome. All the five years olds with their measly four nuggets were looking at my box of chickeny goodness with green jealously (mainly by pointing and going 'Mummy, look at dat!).

I had to take a picture of this momentous occasion...

I started work at six and it was the busiest and coldest shift of my life. Working in fresh for four hours without a fleece? Hell! But it went in so quick, I can't complain! Plus, I saw a kid kick the shit out of a cardboard cut out of Pixie Lott which provided a chuckle. Uncle Sandy kindly gave me a lift home and when I got in, I made Bacon on toast after stacking them for about an hour. It was kinda awesome, and I enjoyed my grub whilst watching 'The IT Crowd', series four! All in all, an excellent day!

P.S Moist is the worst word in the english vocabularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment