Wednesday 13 October 2010

Something to tell the folks back home...

Right Now: 'Colourless Colour' - La Roux

My yearly bout of asthma has returned with a vengeance and I feel like absolute shite. I'm not even exaggerating when I say I struggle to breathe. I would liken it to a goldfish out of it's bowl, which must be extremely unfortunate. I got no sleep last night and had to get up at 4am and make myself tea to soothe my chest! It wasn't pleasant.

Yet again, my alarm failed and I woke up when I was supposed to leave the house. I whizzed around the house and made it out at 11am and got to the town centre and got a taxi to Hamilton with just ten minutes to spare. I was unimpressed with the fare though, thirteen quid, an expensive lie in eh?

I started work at 12am and went on frozen which wouldn't of been too bad if Sainsbury's would care to provide me a fleece. It's seriously starting to annoy me, all the new starts have one except me, it's not fair and it may be contributing to my illness.Then I dressed tins (which is boring as it sounds) and then did Bakery transfers with Nicole (I love how I'm talking about this as if you all know what I'm talking about). I took a break where I had a plate of 43p Chips (which were awesome by the way) and then took an hour where I had sweet and sour chicken, cooked to perfection in the staff microwave which I have no clue how to work. We then called to a meeting to begin the emptying of the store into the marquee as we are closing down for a week. It was then my chest decided to die and it had been fine all day. During the store manager's and co-ordinateur's speeches, I tried so hard to keep quiet and not cough, and as a result my eyes were watering, my breathing got very shallow and I basically felt like I was going to become a giant puddle of Catarrh. I looked like a zombie as well (Just thought I'd throw that in there). Inevitably something was going to happen and as I burst into a cough, a shitload of phlegm came up too. There I was, sitting with a mass of phlegm in my hands in front of 160 employees, every manager and with the store manager to my immediate right. LUCKILY, only my table of good friends noticed and Rebecca got me napkins and Nicole rushed for my inhaler. Needless to say, the store manager sent me home and even offered a lift which I thought was very nice. I waited outside for fifteen minutes and chatted away to Jordan (whom I made very nervous every time I coughed) and then was whisked away to my abode by Auntie Sarah. So all in all, not an excellent day but oh well.

Final thought  - "The Blue Whale ejaculates over 40 gallons of Sperm when Mating. Only 10% enters the female.And you always wondered why the sea tasted Salty?!"  - This made me whitey!

No comments:

Post a Comment