Saturday 16 October 2010

Review of 'Despicable Me'

'Despicable Me' is the new animated film by Universal and it stars Steve Carell, Jason Segal (Who I adored in, 'I love you, man' and Russell Brand.

Plot


Basically, an evil genius wearing a very stylish stripey scarf decides he is going to steal the moon! However, his nemesis (very twisted) steals a very valuable piece of equipment and only the local orphans who sell cookies can get access into his house. So what does he decide to do? That's right, Adopt the children. Then, the film tells how he becomes a father figure to the kids etc.

Characterisation


The best characters are the little yellow minions, who have an adorable language and remind me of the raving rabbids out of Rayman albeit, cuter. However, the nemesis, it was decided, was a paedophile so that was not so good.

Humour


I laughed, lots.

All in all, it was a very funny film and I was crying when they got a kiss goodnight (I am a girl's blouse), however, contrary to what the others said, it wasn't as good as 'Up'.

7/10

Twas Excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment