Thursday 21 October 2010

One man's lateness is another man's earlyness...

I've actually had a day that could only be described as 'Boo Ya'. I got up this morning, showered, got ready and although I was a little late, I made it to the bus stop with a few minutes to spare. The only problem was, today must of been like a national 'OAP Get on a Bus Day' because I think every single OAP in the greater Glasgow area got on the 18 this morning. Amy was not a happy bunny!

However, with my business mind, I thought up contigency and texted my MDP friends to let the tutor know I was going to be late (with a wee fml to go with it). However, by some sort of miracle bestowed by Jared or sheer luck, I actually made it to the tutorial on time. The tutorial went well! My tutor's name is Sudipta. However, whether this is a joke or not, he announced to the tutor group that he would like to be known as 'Ronnie' (because he liked it) and stated he was late because of a night 'full of partying'. I think this guy could become a legend in my book (because I carry around a book called 'Book of Legends'...). The next tutorial took place in the Graham Hills building, which is downhill thankfully as that is the steepest hill ever! This tutor seemed nice enough but because she looks about our age, I doubt I can really relate to her as a tutor. She seemed quite strict as well, oddly enough but we'll see how that goes!

Afterwards, I headed to the union to play a spot of pool with Lauren, Mark and Healy (because I can't refer to him as David). In all honesty, I played one game of pool and I sucked at it majorly. I have played it once before and I bet the guy who taught me the rules but that was five years ago, so I think my child prodigy status as 'Pool Master' has diminished somewhat. Seriously, at one point, just getting potting one ball was my main objective, nevermind actuallty winning but hey, with increased practice, I may yet improve! We then sat down and had a casual chat and then Lauren and me decided we needed to go to the bathroom (as you do) where we found a rather amusing vending machine. Personally, I would like the blow - up sheep, might make a good present for Ellyn!

Aim for the big bunch of balls...

You might remember this from Ivory Blacks Ellyn!


At around six, I bought my breakfast and lunch, a tuna and red onion baguette from the union shop. Since starting university, my eating habits have become very strange! I eat nothing till around 5pm, then from then, I eat, eat, eat! But apparently, this is normal! Whilst nomming my baguette, I bid farewell to Lauren etc. and made my way to the bus station, where the bus was incredibly late. Whilst I was absorbing my surroundings, I noticed what is possibly the jakiest bus I have ever seen. It was so bad, I could imagine all the junkies of the 90's, sitting stoned on this bus... Eurgh, it was just horrible! Luckily, my bus was a newer one. The bad thing though was someone had been sick at the bus of the back, so my now (almost) reserved back seat was out of bounds tonight! However, I made it home in good time and had a fifteen minute power nap! I now feel great! Tomorrow, I'm going to study my ass off in the library and get caught up on all my work, so I don't feel like so much of a loser!

The 'Ahem' Jakey Bus...

No comments:

Post a Comment