Wednesday 20 October 2010

Standing on the edge of the earth...

Seriously, I need a boot up the arse. I apologise for being crude but it is that very phrase that describes my relationship with university right now. My heart really isn't in it yet. I haven't read a single page of a textbook. I haven't written up my own notes yet. I've done one assignment. I have already missed lectures...

The list goes on and on. I must admit, because of the abnormally long summer we had, it still feels like I can still go out whenever I want to and have fun, often forgetting that I am bound to an educational institute that houses some of the brightest minds in the country. I sometimes feel I don't belong there because I don't feel smart enough. I also feel terrible for not doing the above mentioned things, yet not terrible enough to go upstairs and start reading my textbook from cover to cover.

Which is why thankfully, after talking to some of my friends, I have found out that we are all pretty much in the same boat. We are all confused, unsure, uncommitted so far, which gives me reason to believe that I can get over this little blip, or dip in the rollercoaster and start actually making progress with my course because I genuinely do enjoy what I attend. Here's hoping anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment